Pages

The fabulous world as I see it...

DIY: Pretty (No Carve) Glam Pumpkins


Who else loves fall as much as I do? I mean seriously how could you not obsess over cozy sweaters, hot beverages, and don't even get me started on pumpkin spice everything!



Speaking of pumpkins, after London and I went pumpkin picking I thought we'd try to do something other than carving this year. Even though fresh pumpkin is a lovely ingredient for fall recipes..I think I can skip the mess and just settle for the canned.



This time we ditched the knives and reached for the glitter to create a more glamorous touch to the season, and boy did we have fun! London really enjoyed herself...I mean REALLY REALLY enjoyed herself. I mean like glitter glued to her legs enjoyed herself.



In total we had 6 pumpkins to decorate. I decided to create some Alanna Foxx originals while Lon headed straight for the sparkles. I'd say we did a pretty good job!



I started off by spray painting the stems of each pumpkin. Making sure to tape around the base of the stem, covering the pumpkin with tissue paper to protect from the spray paint. If you want to paint the entire pumpkin one color skip the protection and spray the entire pumpkin. Let that dry for about 30 minutes.



Next do the opposite, protect the stem as you spray paint the pumpkin with two coats of spray paint. Allow to dry for about an hour.



To add glitter: Coat the pumpkin in spray adhesive and sprinkle with glitter. Sprinkle a little or sprinkle a lot you can even do two coats if you like. Seal the glitter in with clear spray sealer.


(My special little helper)

To add bling letters: Sketch out the letters you would like to be written on the pumpkin, a light market or highlighter is perfect for this. Using a glue gun apply rhinestones one by one, tracing the letters written on the pumpkin.




There you have it! This project was super easy and fun! All the items that I used will be listed below. Don't forget to tag and tweet me your pictures if you decide to do one of these ideas, I would love to see how they come out!


*Products used
- Glue
- Spray Paint (black, white, and gold)
- Glitter (both fine and regular)
- Rhinestones
- Washi tape



* Be mindful of harmful chemicals when using spray paint, make sure the area is well ventilated. 


Remember, pumpkins are fun to decorate all season, NOT just for Halloween. Happy Fall! ♥


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment