Pages

The fabulous world as I see it...

Recipe Box: The Best Tasting KALE Salad Ever



In my quest to live and ever so healthy life, I realized that salads were always my go-to "health kick" meal. I have always been a fan of salads, only, not the super green health machine kind...more of the "give-me-any-and-every-fix-in" kind.

My typical salads are usually loaded up on heavy cheeses, fatty dressings, and you can't forget that good old iceberg lettuce. Only, iceberg lettuce isn't really good for you, not that its bad or anything...its just not GOOD for you.



Its the dark green leafy "lettuces" that pack the health power. Compared to the (at least) 20 other salad leaves iceberg has close to zero nutrients, literally very close to zero nutrients. Kale has been somewhat of a popular leaf lately due to it being rich in vitamins A & C.

But Kale...it sounds so...blah...right? At least I thought so. My grocery store had a sale on kale (lol you see what I did there?) So I decided to put my touch on it and try not to unhealthy it up!

Now I just HAD to have my fix-ins, (because without those, a salad is just a plate of trees) but I used all healthy versions. I used crumbled blu cheese (instead of shredded american), bacon bits, fresh tomatoes, ground black pepper, grilled chicken, and baked croutons (because I needed a little bit of fun to remember who I really am).  I did actually add red onions too, only I remembered that I don't eat onions, so I picked them out before the picture.



I topped everything off with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and ate honestly, the best salad that I have ever had in my life! I actually added red onions too, only then I remembered that I don't actually eat onions, so I picked them out before the picture.



You don't have to follow the recipe mix in whatever it is that YOU like; mozzarella cheese, cucumbers, fish, raisins, fish, or even onions! Try it and let me know what you think!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment