Pages

The fabulous world as I see it...

Recipe Box: Shrimp Scampi



Am I the only one who feels like I am consistently making the same things? If its not chicken with rice and string beans (which happens to be a family favorite), then its meatloaf, mashed potatoes and corn (which also happens to be a family favorite) or spaghetti and meatballs.

As London has grown I've realized that I don't really have much of a choice BUT to meal plan at this point. My days are so busy that if I don't already know what it is that I plan to cook AND have all of my ingredients by 12 pm, there is a 98% chance that we are eating out that day (the other 2% is considering that there is leftovers from the night before).

In comes Pinterest. I've been "pinning" yummy dinner ideas for years now so now that I have an actual "meal plan", I figure I'd might as well get a little adventurous.


Now- on to this Shrimp Scampi





It was absolutely delicious!

This Shrimp Scampi was very quick and easy to make- not to mention super cheap at just $10! I bought my shrimp pre cooked, peeled, and deveined so it only only took 15 minutes from start to finish. Perfect for last minute meal!


Ingredients

8 ounces linguine
3 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 bag of large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 cup pinot grigio
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup shaved parmesan cheese
 salt and pepper to taste

Instructions


  • Cook pasta according to directions on the package.

  • Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, and shrimp. Sauté over medium heat for 2 minutes. 

  • Stir in lemon juice and wine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.

  • Stir in pasta and Italian seasoning. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top (I mixed mines into the pasta but it's totally optional)



And voila! Easy peasy meal that everyone will love :)



Enjoy!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment